Did you know that 1 in 20 people will develop colorectal cancer?
Colorectal cancer is the second leading cause of cancer-related deaths, but if caught early it’s treatable and can even be curable. Some symptoms of colorectal cancer can include:
- A change in bowel habits, such as diarrhea, constipation, or narrowing of the stool that lasts for more than a few days
- A feeling that you need to have a bowel movement that is not relieved by having one
- Rectal bleeding and blood in the stool, which may make the stool look dark
- Cramping or abdominal pain
- Weakness and fatigue
- Unintended weight loss
These symptoms could be caused by something other than colorectal cancer, but if you’re experiencing any or all of these, talk to your doctor.
Regular screening saves lives. DFD offers InSure FIT testing. A non-invasive test completed in the privacy of your own home to catch colorectal cancer quickly.
Nearly 75% of all colon cancer cases could be prevented with healthy lifestyles. Lower your risk by following the tips below:
- Quit smoking
- Exercise daily
- Reduce consumption of red and processed meat
- Get enough calcium and Vitamin D