This warm, comforting soup is packed with vitamins and is perfect to enjoy on a cold, snowy Maine winter’s day.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chopped into rounds.
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Cook the chopped onion, garlic and ginger in 1 tablespoon olive oil for about 4 minutes.
- Add carrots, apple, potato and vegetable stock. Let simmer for 20 - 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Puree soup until smooth.
- Before serving, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with lemon juice to taste.