“I love this recipe! It’s a go-to staple in my house. Add the lemon zest to give it an extra boost of that bright lemon flavor.”
–Leanne Langlois, MA
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 16 ounces cannellini beans, rinsed
- tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Stir in the couscous and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Cover and let sit off heat for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork before serving.
- While the couscous cooks, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and scallions and cook for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and cook until they begin to turn pink, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, parsley, lemon juice, remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Cook until heated through, 2-3 minutes. Serve with the couscous.