“This bright, colorful, and flavor-packed salad is great as a side dish or on its own. Add grilled chicken for a boost of protein.”
– Shannon Deschenes, DO
- 1 cup bulgar wheat (medium)
- 2 small cucumbers, chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup red, orange and yellow peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Soak bulgar wheat in one cup of tap water for 2 hours
- Combine vegetables and herbs in a mixing bowl with bulgar wheat and mix well.
- Slowly add lemon juice and olive oil to evenly distribute among the salad.
- Serve chilled.