October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
You can reduce your risk for developing breast cancer! To lower your risk, maintain a healthy weight, exercise regularly, and talk to your medical provider about any use of hormone replacement therapy or oral contraceptives.
Raise awareness. Share the stats.
- 1 in 8 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women.
- Over 250,000 women under 40 in the U.S. live with a breast cancer diagnosis.
- An estimated 2,600 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer each year.
- 93% of women with early breast cancer diagnosis survive beyond 5 years.
- There are over 2.8 million breast cancer survivors in the United States today.
By raising awareness, we can beat breast cancer.