DFD is hosting a diabetes prevention program, also known as PreventT2, beginning Wednesday, November 15, at 5 pm at DFD Medical Center in Leeds.
This free program is open to people with prediabetes to help them make healthy, long-term changes to prevent or delay the onset of type 2 diabetes.
PreventT2 provides participants with:
- A CDC approved curriculum
- Skills to lose weight, be more physically active, and manage stress
- A trained lifestyle coach to encourage you
- Support from other participants with the same goals as you
- Our program meets weekly for 8 weeks, biweekly over the next 16 weeks, then monthly to complete the one-year program
Without weight loss or moderate physical activity, many people with prediabetes will develop type 2 diabetes within 5 years.
Make a change that just might save your life. For more information visit https://www.cmmc.org/diabetes-prevention or call 207-330-7769