This holiday season, put safety at the top of your list when it comes to gift giving. Did you know that there are more than 250,000 toy-related injuries in hospital emergency rooms each year? When purchasing toys look for the letters “ASTM” (American Society for Testing and Materials). This designation means the product meets the national safety standards set by ASTM International.
Follow these toy safety tips to ensure your children’s and family’s safety.
- Read all warnings and instructions on packaging.
- Always supervise children, and demonstrate how to use their toys safely.
- Make sure your child’s toys are safe. The Consumer Products Safety Commission provides a list of recalled toys with photos and descriptions on their website: cpsc.gov/
New Year’s Eve is a time to celebrate, and we’re here to help you celebrate safely!
Follow our guide to a safe New Year’s celebration:
- Drink in moderation.
- Have a designated driver.
- Celebrate with friends – don’t go out alone.
- Alternate alcoholic drinks with water.
- Eat before you drink, and snack while you drink.
Thank you all for a wonderful year. We wish you the happiest of holidays and all the best for a happy, healthy 2017.