A healthy and hearty weeknight meal.Print Recipe
- Category: Main Course
- 1 spaghetti squash cut in half, seeds removed
- cooking spray
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (or use a mix of basil, thyme, oregano)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place squash halves in a microwave safe bowl with ¼ cup water in the bottom of the dish. Cook for 9-11 minutes, until tender. Set aside. Alternatively, you can also roast squash on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven, flesh side down for 50-60 minutes.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray. Add red pepper flakes, toast for 30 seconds.
- Add broccoli and garlic and stir to combine. Add 2 tablespoons of water and cook for 3-5 minutes. Once cooked, add to a large bowl.
- Use a fork to scrape out the flesh of the spaghetti squash. Add to the bowl with broccoli and garlic.
- Add Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Add spaghetti squash and broccoli mixture evenly back into squash shells. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and place into baking dish.
- Turn on oven broiler. Place squash under oven broiler for 2-3 minutes. Watch carefully!
- Once cheese is bubbling and browned, carefully remove from oven making sure to turn broiler off.