Bake your loved ones this chocolatey goodness for Valentine’s Day. With more veggies and less sugar, it’s a delicious treat that’s healthier for their hearts. Now that’s true love!
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Shred the zucchini using a large-hole grater. Lightly squeeze out the excess water.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, vegetable oil, yogurt, applesauce, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the zucchini until spread throughout the batter. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until a fork inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Remove from the oven and, when the pan is cool, tip out onto a wire baking rack to cool completely.