A balanced and comforting one-dish meal, perfect for weeknights.
- Category: Main Course
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown the thighs, skin side down, about three minutes per side. Remove and set on a baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken for about 20 minutes or until fully cooked.
- In the same skillet, sauté the shallots until softened. Add the mushrooms and thyme to the pan and continue for another 5 minutes.
- Add Marsala wine to the pan and bring up to a simmer. Remove the shallots and mushrooms to a plate and set aside.
- Melt the remaining butter in the pan and add the flour. Stir to combine. Add the chicken stock to the pan, whisk to combine. Add the cream and stir while the mixture comes up to a simmer.
- Add the mushrooms, shallots and chicken to the skillet. Bring everything up to a simmer. Serve over prepared wild rice and garnished with more fresh thyme.