Load up on nutrient-packed veggies and in-season greens. This salad recipe shows you how to build a meal—and stock up on energy, health, and vitality.
For the salad:
- A few handfuls of mixed greens
- 1 grilled chicken breast, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 handful parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 handful cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch chives, coarsely chopped
- 1 handful mint or dill leaves (optional)
For the dressing:
- 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Combine greens of your choosing in a large bowl, along with thinly sliced red onion and coarsely chopped parsley, cilantro, and chives. Add mint or dill leaves if desired.
- Drizzle olive oil over the greens until lightly oiled. Squeeze halved lemon into the bowl. Season heavily with flaky salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Top the salad with grilled chicken and diced avocados.