“This orzo salad is packed with vitamins and antioxidant-rich artichokes. Add chicken or shrimp to make this side salad a hearty meal!”
– Michael Payne, CFO
- Category: Salads + Sides
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 cans marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 can greek olives
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain artichoke hearts, reserving the liquid/marinade.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, artichoke hearts, red onion, greek olives, feta, cucumber, pepper and olive oil. Toss and chill for 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Just before serving, drizzle reserved artichoke marinade over salad.