An immune-boosting soup, perfect for chilly nights.
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 ounces (1 can) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked pasta or rice
- 16 ounces mushrooms, sliced thin
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, or 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 cups chicken stock
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pot, cooking until golden about 2-3 minutes per side.
- After removing chicken, add 1 tablespoon oil to the stockpot. Add onions, carrots, and celery.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender about 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until browned about 5 minutes.
- Stir in thyme, oregano and cook for about 1 minute.
- Pour in chicken stock and add bay leaves and bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta or rice, chicken and rosemary. Reduce heat and simmer until pasta is tender according to the package instructions.
- Add in kale and beans, cooking for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and fresh parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!