A low-carb version stuffed with healthy fats, protein, and veggies
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed
For Chipotle Cream Sauce
- 1 Chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a large saucepan fill 2 cups of water. Add rice and cook according to instructions on rice packaging.
- Using a large stockpot, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add ground chicken, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken and spices, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through about 5-8 minutes.
- If making chipotle cream sauce, grab a separate bowl and add yogurt, chipotle pepper, garlic and lime juice. Whisk together.
- Place a portion of cooked rice into a large bowl. Top with spiced ground chicken mixture, black beans, corn, pico de gallo and chipotle sauce.
- For more vegetables, add shredded lettuce, sliced red onion, diced avocado, and cherry tomatoes. Enjoy!