- 1 pound kale
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Caesar dressing
- Grilled chicken (optional)
- Croutons (optional)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup mayo OR plain Greek yogurt OR one egg yolk, whisked
- Rinse kale and allow to dry. Remove leaves from stems and using hands or kitchen scissors, cut into bite-sized pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Using your hands, massage oil and lemon juice into kale leaves for one minute. This softens the leaves and the bitter taste.
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth. This dressing will stay fresh for up to five days if refrigerated.