Ready, set, BBQ! This potato salad is a lightened up, crowd-pleasing classic.
- Serves: 6 servings
- Category: Salads + Sides
- 2 pounds small, waxy potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 cups kettle-cooked potato chips
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water to cover. Season with salt.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 15-18 minutes.
- Drain and return to pot. Let potatoes cool.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/4 cup oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and season with salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer onion to a large bowl. Stir in vinegar, mustard, Old Bay, black pepper, and cayenne.
- Add potatoes, potato chips, parsley, and chives to vinaigrette and toss to combine.
- Taste and season with salt and black pepper if needed; drizzle with more oil.