A low-carb way to start your day packed with protein and veggies.
- 8 small flour or corn tortillas
- 8 eggs, scrambled
- 1 can of refried beans OR 1 can of black beans
- 2 avocados, sliced OR prepared guacamole
- Cooked meat, if using
- Your favorite salsa
- Your favorite toppings: chopped cilantro, grated cheese, sour cream or Greek yogurt, shredded lettuce or other greens, diced jalapeños
- Using a skillet over medium heat, warm up the refried beans.
- Stir beans occasionally until warmed through, approximately 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat another skillet over medium heat. Add butter or oil to prevent sticking or use a non-stick pan.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk together to combine. Add eggs to the buttered pan. Let cook, stirring occasionally until eggs are completely cooked through (about 5-10 minutes).
- Once eggs and beans are cooked, it’s time to assemble the tacos!
- Grab a couple of tortillas and assemble your tacos adding some eggs, beans, avocado, salsa and any other toppings you prefer.