Simple and bright, this spring salad is filled with fresh seasonal veggies.
For the salad:
- A few handfuls of salad greens
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- A handful of sunflower seeds (optional)
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Arrange the salad greens on a plate, layering the radishes, avocado, and chickpeas on top. Scatter the chopped scallions and seeds (if using) across the plate.
- Place all the ingredients for the vinaigrette dressing in a securely closed jar and shake until the oil and vinegar are thoroughly combined (about two minutes). Dress your salad and save the rest for later. (The dressing will last up to a month unrefrigerated; simply shake prior to each use.)