A classic cold-weather treat without the added sugar.Print Recipe
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk, or non-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar alternative
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sugar-free marshmallows, for serving
- Flaky sea salt, for serving
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, sugar alternative, and a pinch of salt.
- Cook over low heat; whisk until the sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes.
- Add the unsweetened cocoa powder. Whisk until incorporated.
- Remove hot chocolate from heat; stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour hot chocolate into mugs. Top with sugar-free marshmallows and flaky sea salt, if desired.