- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional garnishes, such as cilantro and Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sweet corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 15-oz. can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup vegetarian broth or water
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- sprinkle of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 1 sweet potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 4-oz. can mild green chiles
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrot, bell pepper, sweet potato, and chiles. Sauté for about 6 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the spices and stir for just 30 seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the garnishes). Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 40 minutes.