The Influenza virus infects the nose, throat, and lungs. It can keep you in bed for weeks or even develop into a severe respiratory illness that requires hospitalization. Make sure you and your family stay flu-free this season.
Avoid the flu:
- Get the flu shot.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you sneeze or cough.
- Avoid friends who are sick or have been sick in the last 5-7 days.
- Wash your hands frequently.
Already have a cold or the flu? Take these steps to recover quickly:
- Stay home, and get plenty of rest.
- Drink plenty of fluids to keep your respiratory system hydrated.
- Sit in a steamy bathroom or run a humidifier.
- Treat aches and fever with medication like acetaminophen, ibuprofen, or naproxen. Ask your doctor which one is right for you.