A seasonal favorite, perfect for chilly mornings
- 1/3 cup metled coconut OR extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey OR maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice blend
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons raw sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease muffin tin or use muffin paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil and maple syrup (or honey). Add both eggs and whisk well.
- To the bowl with eggs, add pumpkin purée, milk, pumpkin spice blend, baking soda, vanilla extract and salt.
- Add flour and oats to the bowl and mix together with a large spoon until just combined. Now is the time to add your favorite mix-ins such as nuts or dried fruit!
- Divide the batter evenly into muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops with oats and raw sugar, if using.
- Bake muffins in oven for about 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean.
- Place the muffin tin on a cooling rack to let cool (approximately 10 minutes).
- Enjoy! These muffins can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days, in the refrigerator for up to four days, or in a freezer-safe bag for up to three months.