A hearty one-pot dish, perfect for chilly evenings.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 15-ounce can of corn
- 1 15-ounce can of white beans
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large stock pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add diced onion and sauté approximately 6-8 minutes, until translucent. Add garlic and cook one more minute.
- Add the ground turkey and cook approximately 5-7 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
- Add salt, pepper, ground cumin, ground coriander and cayenne for 1-2 minutes, stirring into the onions, garlic and ground turkey.
- Stir in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Then reduce to a simmer on low heat for 30-40 minutes.
- Stir in corn and beans and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Ladle servings into a bowl. Top with diced avocado and your favorite toppings such as cheese, sliced jalapeño, or tortilla chips. Enjoy!