The perfect healthy comfort food.Print Recipe
- Category: Main Course
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 ounce crumbled feta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup arugula
- chili flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Poke holes in sweet potatoes with a fork. Roast in a roasting pan or sheet for 40 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas to the pan and roast for an additional 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the chickpeas are slightly crispy.
- While potatoes are roasting, place onions in a bowl with vinegar and a pinch of salt and sugar to quick pickle.
- In a separate bowl from the onions, place the feta with olive oil and chili flakes (if using).
- When the potatoes are done, start to cook the kale. Place the kale in a pan on the stovetop over medium-low heat and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Slice open the potatoes lengthwise. Be careful of any steam!
- Top the potatoes with kale, pickled onion, chickpeas, feta and pumpkin seeds.