Warm blueberries topped with a sweet oat and cinnamon streusel is a decadent start to your day or a sweet way to finish it off. With a full serving of fruit and the inclusion of hearty whole grains, you can ditch the guild and indulge a little.Print Recipe
- Category: Dessert
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat or millet flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- 6 cups frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and lightly coat an 8' square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- To prepare the streusel topping whisk together the oats, flour, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Add the maple syrup and butter, stirring until completely incorporated.
- To prepare the filling, stir together the blueberries, cornstarch, and almond extract in a large bowl until completely combined. Transfer the filling to the prepared pan, and sprinkle the oat streusel on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the blueberry juices are bubbling at the sides.
- Cool completely to room temperature, then chill for at least 3 hours before serving.