Eliminating the crust in this veggie-packed meal saves you saturated fat and calories. Serve alone or accompanied with a light green salad and whole grain toast for a hearty brunch you can feel good about eating.
- Category: Breakfast
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- 9 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil, for baking dish
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Grate zucchini, put in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Toss and let stand while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Cook bacon and crumble.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Grate the carrots and chop the herbs.
- Put the zucchini in a cheesecloth bag (or just use your hands) to squeeze out as much water as you can. This helps set the quiche nicely.
- Add the zucchini to the bowl of whisked eggs along with the other ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Oil a 9 or 10 inch pie dish or skillet. Pour the mixture into the dish and smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until set in the middle and lightly browned.