Add this to your side dish recipe repertoire, or enjoy as a lunch by itself. Packed with good-for-you broccoli and powerhouse walnuts and sunflower seeds, this salad is so much more than your typical green leaf variety.
- Category: Salads + Sides
- 3 small heads of broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts or sunflower seeds (or both)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup bacon, crumbled
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- In a small mixing bowl combine the greek yogurt, sugar, and vinegar together.
- In a larger bowl add broccoli, onion, nuts and/or seeds, cranberries, and bacon.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss until evenly coated.