Seasonal berries complement this gluten-free and vegan picnic classic.
- Serves: 9 servings
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour, plus 2 tablespoons for filling
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar (for topping)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 2 pounds de-stemmed and quartered
- 5 stalks of rhubarb, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar (for filling)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- To make the topping, whisk together oats, oat flour, cinnamon, pecans, sugar and coconut oil in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan with coconut oil or generously coat with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add sugar, vanilla bean, strawberries, rhubarb, and oat flour. Toss a few times to evenly coat the fruit with the sugar and flour. Pour into prepared pan and evenly sprinkle the topping over the fruit.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the filling begins to bubble and the top is golden brown. Cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. Top with your favorite ice cream, if desired.