It’s a Thanksgiving dinner favorite—stuffing! This recipe has a healthier twist for everyone to enjoy.Print Recipe
- Category: Salads + Sides
- 12 ounces whole-grain bread cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup sage, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place bread cubes in single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- After 20 minutes, place bread cubes in a large bowl and reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- While bread cubes are baking, heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add oil to coat the pan.
- Add onion, celery, carrot and garlic.
- Sautè for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove pan from heat and add parsley, sage, salt and pepper.
- Add vegetables and herb mixture to the bread mixture tossing to combine.
- Combine chicken stock, butter and eggs in a bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Pour stock mixture over bread and vegetable mixture.
- Place stuffing mixture in a glass baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until browned.