A fast and easy mealtime classic, meatloaf has been a New England dinnertime staple for years. With simple, healthy ingredients and the use of a slow cooker, you can come home to this hearty meal ready to go.
- Category: Main Course
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
For the Glaze
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- Lightly mix bread crumbs, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, ground pepper, salt, milk, 2 tablespoons of ketchup and 2 tablespoons of steak sauce together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add beef and combine so evenly mixed. Form into a loaf and place onto a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Place meatloaf in the slow cooker and cook on high for approximately 2 hours, or on low for about 4 hours. (Times may vary).
- About 10 minutes before your meatloaf is finished cooking, mix together the remaining ketchup and steak sauce for the glaze and brush over the meatloaf.
- Let cool slightly before cutting to let the juices settle.