Try this versatile dish for any meal of the day: the protein fills you up and the veggies keep you well.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups seasonal veggies, diced (try zucchini, asparagus, bell peppers, broccoli, green beans, mushrooms, onions, spinach, etc.)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs (or 2 tablespoons dried), for topping (try basil, thyme, parsley, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Over medium heat, heat oil in a 9-inch oven-safe pan. (Cast-iron is a good choice.) Add vegetables and salt. Sauté about 6 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl and pour over vegetables.
- Bake until eggs are set, about 18 minutes. Add cheese, if using, on top and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Garnish with herbs.