Salmon is a healthy source of protein and Omega-3s, but it can be expensive. Cooked from canned fish, this recipe is more affordable, easy, and filling.
- 1 14.75-ounce can salmon, drained
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped (or half that amount dried dill)
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Baby spinach, for serving (optional)
- Add all the ingredients from salmon to the egg to a bowl. Season lightly with salt and pepper and mix.
- Divide mixture into five patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the salmon burgers until golden and crispy, about three minutes per side.
- Drain patties, if needed, and top with baby spinach, if using.