Try fresh zucchini noodles tossed in a creamy dairy-free avocado pesto for a delicious dinner this week. Dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan!
- Category: Main Course
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cup basil
- 6 zucchini
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spiralize the zucchini to create "zoodles" and set aside on paper towels so any excess water is soaked up.
- In a food processor, add avocados, basil, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice and salt until finely chopped.
- With the motor still running, add olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified and creamy.
- Drizzle olive oil in a large sillet over medium-high heat and add zoodles. Cook the zoodles for 1-2 minutes until tender.
- Add the zoodles to a large bowl and toss with the avocado pesto. Season with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy!