DFD Russell Medical Center offers a full line of services to meet your needs. Meidcare Annual Wellness exams, physicals, behavioral health, sick care, lab tests, care management and community support services all in one location. At DFD Russell, we make it easy to get the care you deserve.
End Senior Malnutrition
- Senior malnutrition impacts nearly 50% of older Americans
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) offers nutrition assistance to millions of eligible families/individuals
- 76% of people indicate that they eat healthier foods and have improved health when participating in meal programs
DFD Care managers and Patient Assistant Professionals provide clinical healthy eating education and help navigate social/financial barriers like enrolling in SNAP.
Medication Safety Tips
- Take medicine only as prescribed – with input from your healthcare provider
- Be aware of potential drug interactions and side effects
- Review prescriptions, over-the-counter medications, and supplements with your healthcare provider at each visit
- 26,000 people have Alzheimer’s disease in Maine.
- Know the signs:
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks
- Changes in mood and personality
- Reduce your risk: stay socially engaged, exercise regularly, and maintain a healthy diet